Dubai, the United Arab Emirates’ city of possibilities, takes pride in its endless list of world-class wonders. As global travellers get more curious and adventurous than ever before, Dubai keeps up by developing cool, “hipsterrific”, awe-inspiring destinations – one after another.
Recently, it launched its latest eco-tourism project that will transform the beautiful Hatta mountains into a hip outdoor nature and culture destination.
The destination will be developed by Meraas, the same company that has brought us the vibrant beach destination La Mer, the urban lifestyle hub City Walk, the current talk of the town Al Seef, the food truck park Last Exit, the upcoming Bluewaters Island and more! After revolutionising Jumeirah Beach, the storied alleys of Old Dubai, the Al Safa neighbourhood and a piece of the desert near the border of Dubai and Abu Dhabi – Meraas is now trooping to the mountains to integrate top-notch leisure, hospitality and tourism development with the rustic, picturesque landscape of Hatta.
“Hatta is known for its beautiful scenery – mountains, lakes, wadis, farms, dams and fresh air and the development of eco-tourism demonstrates our commitment at Meraas to implementing the vision of our leadership by creating economic opportunities for young people, local businesses and entrepreneurs in Hatta,” said Abdulla Al Habbai, Meraas’ Group Chairman.
Here are SEVEN things we know about this exciting project:
1. The blue print is anchored on the highest global and sustainability standards. Every element of the project is carefully selected to complement and enhance the natural environment without compromising the geological integrity of the area nor affecting the surrounding communities and ecosystems.
2. The Hatta brand will be clearly visible through the giant “HATTA” letters that will be perched on the mountain, around 450 meters above the ground. Los Angeles has its ‘Hollywood’ sign … Dubai will have its ‘Hatta’.
3. There will be an adventure centre and an interactive tourism info hub — so expect some state-of-the-art guides across the area.
4. Thinking of a mountain escapade? Watch for idyllic mountain lodges (with 20 rooms!) that offer breath-taking views of the surrounding scenery.
5. A first-of-its-kind trailers hotel concept is also coming up right on the banks of charming mountain dams.
6. On top of embracing the Great Outdoors, visitors will also be in for a cultural retreat as the project heavily involves the local community and the rich Emirati culture. You’d get to sample authentic dishes, shop for handicrafts and agricultural products, take a tour of heritage sites, and meet the lovely people of Hatta.
7. Best part of it all: The first phase is scheduled to open in the last quarter of the year!
Gulf Dunes Says …
Can’t wait to create an incentive programme featuring a new mountain adventure! Or perhaps an extraordinary outdoor event with all the trappings of Emirati culture and the stunning Hatta landscape as a backdrop. We will see … We’ll keep y’all updated on the amazing things we can do here for MICE!