Planning a MICE programme in Abu Dhabi? Remember to consider the capital’s new properties in drafting your list of hotel options. Currently, a series of iconic hotels remain in the works, but we’re glad to share with you two properties that are now ready for booking! (Well, one of them is not yet open but a final launch date is set.)
Now Open: Grand Hyatt Abu Dhabi Hotel & Residences Emirates Pearl
Grand Hyatt Abu Dhabi Hotel & Residences Emirates Pearl offers a five-star luxury hotel and events venue of awe-inspiring design and extraordinary architecture. Located in the iconic West Corniche district of Abu Dhabi, this hotel is conveniently accessible to the city’s business hub and high-end shopping districts. It is also a short 35-minute drive from Abu Dhabi International Airport.
What’s in store for MICE:
- It is close to attractions such as the Heritage Village, the Emirates Palace and Marina Island, and it’s not too far from the rest.
- It has over 400 rooms and suites, giving it a good inventory for large groups.
- It is located next to other major hotels. So for larger groups, it is a great combination solution as guests don’t have to be driven from hotel to hotel.
- It has six F&B outlets which give everyone lots of choice and perfect for group dining.
- We love the ample meeting space, which includes a ballroom that can take 700 people for a seated dinner and 11 breakout rooms. Great for meetings and conferences!
To Open on November 11, 2018: Jumeirah at Saadiyat Island Resort
Jumeirah at Saadiyat Island Resort will open its doors on 11 November 2018, bringing a breath of fresh air and understated luxury to the shores of Abu Dhabi. Surrounded by natural beauty, this contemporary beachfront resort occupies a stunning location on Saadiyat Island, overlooking 400 metres of protected sand dunes lapped by turquoise waters.
Just 10 minutes from downtown Abu Dhabi and 20 minutes from Abu Dhabi International Airport, Saadiyat Island is undergoing a remarkable transformation into a world-class leisure, cultural and residential destination, eventually housing the world’s largest single concentration of premier cultural assets. These will include Guggenheim Abu Dhabi, the Zayed National Museum and the Louvre Abu Dhabi, which opened last year to international acclaim.
What’s in store for MICE:
- Its close proximity to the capital’s main attractions, such as the Louvre Abu Dhabi, Yas Island, Abu Dhabi Corniche, and even the airport, is a plus.
- The stunning open-sea view is something to note as only a few hotels in Abu Dhabi have such environment.
- It has 293 rooms and suites, making it large enough for the majority of group sizes but also not too large that smaller groups would feel overwhelmed.
- It’s managed by Jumeirah, so you can expect high levels of quality and service.
- Plenty of dining options for groups with eight F&B outlets on site
- It has ample meeting space, which includes a ballroom that can accommodate 350 people in a seated dinner set-up.