Gulf Dunes is the world’s go-to Destination Management Company in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Oman for more than two decades. It comprises a multi-awarded, fun team of global MICE specialists.
With the growing sophistication in planning, organising and managing MICE events, Gulf Dunes presents clients from across the globe with a comprehensive and unique range of products, packages & services that leverages on the amazing venues, accommodations, excursion activities and attractions within the UAE and Oman.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Throughout the course of conducting our business as a Destination Management Company, in dealing with Representatives, Partners, Suppliers, Clients, Guests of Partners & Clients, industry peers and contacts, and potential Partners and/or Clients, we may collect and process Personal Data about you. We do not collect or process any Personal Data, and particularly sensitive Personal Data unless permitted and required by applicable law. If and to the extent permitted and required by applicable law, the Personal Information we collect and process may include the following categories:
- Personal Details: name; company name; country; email address; mobile telephone numbers; work address; work telephone numbers; web address data; IP address; instant messenger data (i.e. whatsapp, etc.); ethnicity; citizenship information; visa information; national and governmental identification information; drivers’ license information; passport information; bank details; birth date and birth place; and gender. If you choose to pay by credit/debit card we will also require these details, which will be destroyed once payment is taken.
- Related Persons Information: name and contact information of dependents or beneficiaries (including home address; home and work telephone numbers; mobile telephone numbers; date of birth; gender; emergency contacts; beneficiary information; dependent information).
METHODS OF COLLECTING PERSONAL DATA
We may collect Personal Data by the methods listed below:
- Exchanges of Business Cards during:
- Business Meetings
- Exhibitions & Events
- Networking events
- Sales Calls
- Inquiry through:
- Phone call
- Instant Messaging (i.e. whatsapp, etc)
- Subscription to receive:
- Marketing & Promotion emailers
- Corporate Updates & Advisories
- Product & Service Updates & Advisories
- Direct E-mails
- Instant Messaging (i.e. whatsapp, etc., with expressed and explicit consent)
- Sales, Marketing & Promotion collaterals
*Opt-Out: If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, you can easily change your mind and withdraw such consent at any time by simply clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of any email you receive from us. You may also do so by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Business and/or Booking Contracts as:
- Overseas Representative
- Social Media Platforms (These may also be covered by separate Privacy Policies of each of the social media platforms)
- Website Cookies
INFORMATION ABOUT RELATED PERSONS
PURPOSES FOR COLLECTING PERSONAL DATA
Gulf Dunes collects, processes, and otherwise uses your Personal Data for purposes that are required by applicable law, regulations, collective agreements or other contracts, to allow the Company to fulfil its business needs and legal obligations. These purposes include:
- Marketing & Promotional activities, but subject to the willful and explicit provision of consent;
- Fulfilment of Contractual Obligation to deliver Products and Services (either to Representatives, Partners, Clients, Suppliers and/or Guests)
- Sales activities
- Supplier contracts
- Accounting & Finance processes and procedures
DISCLOSURE AND SHARING OF PERSONAL DATA
Your Personal Data will be disclosed only to individuals within Gulf Dunes who need access to your Personal Data to perform their duties for the purposes listed in Section 4 above or where required by applicable law.
Within Gulf Dunes, your Personal Data will be disclosed only to a limited number of restricted individuals, which may include marketing, sales, contracting, reservations, human resources, legal, finance, regulatory and compliance, accounting, compensation and benefit as well as certain managers to the extent any of these functions need access to your Personal Data in connection with their job responsibilities.
Gulf Dunes may also disclose your Personal Data to third parties providing information technology support or technical and organizational services ONLY in connection with the fulfilment of its business needs and legal obligations.
Gulf Dunes will exercise appropriate due diligence in the selection of its third party service providers, and require that they maintain adequate technical and organizational security measures to safeguard your Personal Data, and to process your Personal Data ONLY as instructed by Gulf Dunes and for no other purposes.
It is understood that your Personal Data will be disclosed to third parties only as necessary in connection with the performance of contracts, the Company’s business activities and the purposes listed in Section 4 above, as permitted by consent or as otherwise authorized or permitted by the law.
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
Due to the multinational character of Gulf Dunes, some of the affiliated companies and other recipients listed in Section 5 above may be located in countries (including the United States) that do not provide a level of data protection equivalent to that set forth by the law in your home country. Gulf Dunes will take steps to make sure that such recipients act in accordance with applicable law and provide an adequate level of protection for your Personal Data including appropriate technical and organizational security measures, also through implementation of appropriate contractual measures to secure such transfer, in compliance with the applicable law.
Gulf Dunes maintains physical, technical, and organizational security measures to protect the Personal Data against accidental, unlawful, or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, disclosure, or access, whether it is processed in your local jurisdiction, the United States, or elsewhere. All the information you provide us through online systems is protected by a secure server. Any credit/debit card details will be destroyed once payment is made. We will never share your private details with anyone else, unless as specified above to facilitate your booking.
RETENTION AND ACCURACY OF PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
Under applicable law, you have rights to: (i) check whether we hold Personal Data about you and to access such data; (ii) request correction of Personal Data about you that is inaccurate; and (iii) ascertain Gulf Dunes policies and practices in relation to Personal Data. In certain circumstances, you also may have the right to object for legitimate reasons to the processing of your Personal Data in accordance with the applicable data protection regulations and to seek other legal remedies available to you in connection with the processing of your Personal Data. In fulfilment of your rights stated above, you may contact: email@example.com.
CHANGES TO THE NOTICE